23 Jun Balance
Balance seems to be more of an art than a science. In preparing for this message, I discovered hundreds of so called experts or professionals that all had conflicting views. The one common theme I found was that everyone agrees that figuring out what you value and then make a plan in how you will spend time on each one is the greatest way to find balance.
Here are a some quotes I didn’t share at the event:
- Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life.
- “WITHOUT BALANCE, A LIFE IS NO LONGER WORTH THE EFFORT.” Olen Stienhauer
Quotes shared during the event:
- “There’s no such thing as work-life balance. There are work-life choices, and you make them, and they have consequences.” Jack Welch
- “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.” William Arthur Ward
- “The family is at the heart of what really matters to all of us. If things aren’t well at home, every other area of life is affected.” Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- If you want to know how rich you are, find out how many things you have that money cannot buy.
- Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create.
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” Stephen Covey
Grow opportunities for your small business with Givent. Find upcoming networking events near you.
Videos we used to create a mashup that were shared at the event are below: